Note at COVID Times




What has COVID did to me?

  • The three-day holiday trip to my hometown has become a half year off-site project. I am sure this project will extend for another half year, and chances are very high that it will continue till Q1 next year.

  • The very few human beings (colleagues) I meet out outside my family have become aliens. Teams video call - backgrounds are pulling us further apart to different destinations. Few to the kitchen, other to the kinder garden classroom. Some other to the room filled with balloons. It can also blur the background except the grumpy face sitting in front of the laptop. 

  •  The only physical activity (badminton) I admire the most has become a past life hobby. Like a torn feather from the shuttle, life is swaying with the uncertainty. I am not sure whether I will hold the badminton racket properly. For god sake, even if I keep it firmly, my juggling tummy would skew the deliverables of the game- speed, precision, and footwork.

  •  The only 24 hours in a day has got no time for a family. However, the only starving tummy is showing exponential growth because of homemade food. 

  •  The ever increasing compassion from mother has been dipping month over month. When I asked 5 why's to do the root cause analysis – she gave me a look as if I lost a big customer and eventually the incentive. 

  •  The only weekends we get after sloughing 5 working days has become a pseudo-holiday. It's like being in an exotic place and preparing for next quarter's marketing plans. 

  •  The three kids in my home (two daughters and one nephew) have become ever complaining customers - Always asking for credit notes (mobile phones, chocolates, and biscuits). My sister, the frontline person, facing the customer, see me like a fool – who can't do anything except passing information from one team to another. 

  • Finally, the ever complaining wife ranked me a top marketeer after overhearing my conversations with colleagues on how I support the family with household chores.

Comments

Popular Posts