Eclipse - a natural event or bad omen ?
What have we observed and experienced on 31st Jan 2018 was interesting. Well, it was eclipse as all of you know. There were attributes given to this eclipse Viz., blue moon, Blood moon, super moon
· Blue moon – it is a rare event; a full moon is seen twice in January. I never notice this fact that there is only one full moon in a month, didn’t pay much attention to stars and moons.
· Bloodmoon - Don’t know whether people have seen it really in red color! It seems that due to earth atmosphere, the refracted light appear red in color
· Supermoon – Moon is closure to planet earth, hence appear big in size.
Aaahh no! Don’t think that I am found of celestial things or planets. I got this news from the news channel, where a school kid has expanded the different names of the moon.
What I really hate about eclipse was, there are certain duties which were forced on us, and some are:
· Don’t eat or drink during eclipse – forget about bad omen, it would definitely make people sick if you don’t eat or drink for hours
· Throw off leftover food and cook fresh, oh god show us some mercy to cook even when we don’t have the energy to stand
· Take shower after eclipse – no matter what the time is we got wash our body but retain this irrational habits which were forced on us
· Clean the floor after eclipse no matter how clean it was
· Lit lamp and pray God for all the great sacrifices he made us do during eclipse
Don’t think that I had followed all, but I had to abide few. There were some questions which were lingering in my mind. Though we had ridiculed the eclipse concept why did most of the cultures across the globe believe eclipse as a bad omen?
Is it because of the eye damage it cause while watching the eclipse?
Is it because of negative energies it scatters during eclipse, if so what are those?
Is it because of the rare thing, which happens once in a year or two?
Whatever may be the reason every time I want to find something about eclipse, but I will end up with many such questions? What to do!